Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Musings on Tasha Tudor...


I wish I had known Tasha Tudor's work as a child. For I believe her drawings & books would have helped to make my childhood a little magical. But so happy to have found her as an adult! She has really helped to inspire me to bring that magic into my family's life now. I actually only heard of her about 7 years ago in Rosemary Gladstar's Family Herbal. (I love Rosemary Gladstar but that's another post) I found that excerpt about Tasha Tudor "Living Her Dream" so interesting & wanted to learn more about her. But that didn't happen until the past 1-2 years. I finally sought out her books from the library for Georgia. Unfortunately my library only has a few of her books but Georgia really loved them. The pictures are so fascinating to little ones & to adults as well. I was lost in the world she created.

She has now passed away in June of this year at the age of 92. So I finally requested from the library some books about her life. She was such a fascinating woman. She really created her own world & lived in another time. In the book ~The Private World of Tasha Tudor~ she talks a little about how people see her through "rose colored glasses" because of the way she lives. But that she's human just like everyone else & has her "darkside" etc. I admire her because she truly created her own special world around herself & lived her dream. I hope to one day live my own dream. I do in my head but I want to be able to make my dreams come alive in my surroundings as Tasha Tudor did. Rosemary Gladstar said she would quote Thoreau~"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours". Tasha Tudor is an inspiration to live your dream.

I feel like quite a few of my family members & I have this quality inside to create our own special world. We don't quite fit in this world, this time. I think we've all tried at different times but have failed. We are meant to find our own special way...

No comments: