Friday, January 25, 2008

Christmas Post...



I wanted to get a few Christmas pics up. I made a few gift bags for our neighbors with fig preserves, gingersnaps & biscotti. I also gave gift bags of the same to our family but I didn't get a pic of those. The fig preserves I made myself from the lovely crop of figs we get from our trees. This I think was my 4th time making them & I believe my best batch. Figs I think are an acquired taste. They are a beautiful yet strange fruit. I didn't really like them before or ever really had them before moving here. But my husband has always loved them. I've enjoyed getting to know figs the past few years.
I did a lot of baking again this year. Last year I was too depressed about Georgia's food allergies to do much baking. I mainly made gingersnaps & a cinnamon, pecan biscotti with chocolate drizzled on top. That biscotti is amazing! And it's actually easy too. I'm wanting to make some more right now! I didn't do the spiced pecans. Just didn't have time to shell all those pecans which I've been working on slowly. Oh well. We had a great crop of pecans this past year but we probably won't get any this fall. They seem to produce every other year. That's what the freezer is for right?!

No comments: